Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Second chances: an update

Hello friends,

It has been awhile. While I thought I would be able to keep up with this blog, I have not been doing a great job with it. But luckily there is new chances every day.

The past month has gone so very fast and has been filled with so many wonderful moments, and humbling moments.

At the beginning of November I was teaching at the alternative school and subbing. I was getting known as a sub (even was told I was a great sub by a secretary of a school I hadn't subbed in yet, I don't know how that happened). I was enjoying my schedule and learning to love what I was doing at the alternative ed.
The end of the 1st quarter came at PACE (this is my acronym for the alt. ed), and my boss came to me with some bad news. There would only be 1 class for me to teach during 2nd quarter, meaning less hours. After a lunchtime of praying, talking to Jared, my mom, and crying a little, I decided to leave PACE for this quarter.
The decision wasn't easy and since being gone from that position, it has taught me that decisions aren't easy as an adult. It also humbled me. I learned that I LOVE teaching those kids at PACE and I was completely blessed by them (something that was hard to see while working there). 


However, God has been good in His promises to me. I have been subbing everyday of the week and have had the chance to teach math for a couple 2-day long sub jobs. I love being around students and learning new things every day. Whenever I do teach math, this passion inside of me is lit. I love that God has called me to do this; however there are moments when I ache for my own classroom, for my own students to teach. God reminds me daily that His timing is the best. Meanwhile, I am to learn what I can and know that He is my provider. I am such a blessed woman.

A few more new things in my life:
I am the assistant coach for the MS Pom with my old varsity coach. It has been so much fun to help these girls learn and watch them perform. I also love that my little sister Hanna is on the squad and it gives us more time together :)

Thanksgiving was a wonderful time. Jared and I spent the day with my family at my grandparent's and headed down to IN for the weekend. It was great to spend time with his family, see some friends and have long car rides together.


Before I knew it, December was upon us and I was able to spend last weekend with the best friends anyone could ask for. 10 of us girls (who all lived on the same floor freshman year and are still best friends) headed to Chicago for our annual get-away trip. It was a wonderful 3 days of catching up in life, laughing continuously and crazy memories being made. Here is a picture that sums up our friendship, love and the weekend we had together:


These girls bless me so much. I don't know what I would do without them :)


Now, it's time to get ready for Christmas. Christmas music is on in my car all the time, I love driving at night and seeing all the lights, and contrary to my dislike for winter, I am ready for some snow on the ground. Getting ready for the celebration of our Savior's birth is one of my favorite times of the year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


Until next time,
Blessing, love & peace


No comments:

Post a Comment