Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year: excitement & joy

Hello friends!!

Happy New Year! (A little late, I know, I know)

     I hope you all had a wonderful end to the holiday season and are feeling renewed with this new year that has started.
     I was so blessed to bring the new year in with friends in Indiana. Here's a few photos from the night :)
Jan, Jackie, me and Hillary

The fellas. See that good lookin' man in the front? Yep, I get to marry him :)

Rachel, Jackie, me and Cassie

It was such a great night of friends, games and fun!

     As a new year approaches, my mind is always on new goals and resolutions. While I am normally really bad at coming up with a new years resolution, I feel like this year is different. I have made a new years resolution that I am excited about! My resolution for this year is simply this:
When I think about doing something, I am going to do it

     This seems simple enough, but I find myself thinking about doing something, whether it is reading my bible, journaling, exercising, cleaning or many other things, and then just not getting up to do it. So this year I want to be proactive. When I want to do something, I'm going to do it. I think this is going to help me in so many ways: productivity, feeling accomplished and stopping laziness. I also think it will help me to live life to the fullest.

What is your new year resolution this year? Do you have any goals for yourself?


2012 is gonna be a special year, that's for sure. Maybe it is because in a little more than 5 months, I will be marrying my best friend and spending the rest of my life with him. 
That alone gets this girl super pumped for 2012! 
We're pumped about 2012!!

     One more thought for the new year, coming straight from Paul's letter to the Romans. As you make plans for this year, remember His plans for you...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."      Romans 8:28

I hope your first week in 2012 has been a blessed one. 
Praying for blessing on your whole year!

peace,
shmem


No comments:

Post a Comment