Friday, October 14, 2011

Remembering and Cherishing

It's been a long time coming. It's been thought about, almost started, thought about again, and finally actually started. And now I am joining the blogging world.

I'm not about to embark on a great trip around the world, or moving anywhere for that matter. I simply have decided its time for my "adventures" to be written about and shared. I don't imagine this to be one of the top 100 blogs or even read by many but rather an outlet to share with those who want to hear. Today, what I have on my mind is everything I've thought about blogging about in the last few months. So here we go, I'm going to take you through my last 6 months of life and hopefully it will help you to get to know me a little more (if you don't already that is). Let's do it with pictures, because, let's face it, memories are better in pictures....

On May 14th, 2011 I graduated from Huntington University with a Bachelors of Science in Mathematics Education.
Here are some of my best friends in the whole world, I was so blessed to live with and grow with these girls.
3 days after graduation, I jetted off to Europe with my wonderful Grandma to visit my sister Elizabeth and explore France, Spain and Italy with her
I was welcomed home by my wonderful family of 9! Here we are at our favorite vacation spot: The Central Lake House



The rest of summer flew by with some more great adventures including (but not limited to):

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Midnight Premier
Swimming at Grandma's cottage
Beach trips
Dates with my man, Jared :)
Trips to the zoo!
Camping trips with the family
Tough cookin' women



Then along came August. Some wonderful things happened in this month :)


Jared moved into his apt at MSU and started his PhD program there
And while on a walk around campus, he asked me to marry him!!!!!!!
The amazing ring he picked out all by himself, I LOVE IT!
We are beyond excited to be getting married June 16th, 2012
 
Well that was my summer. It was such a blessing to be with family, friends and now my fiance. It was a season of adjustments (coming back home, living with 8 other people and learning to be an adult, etc). It was so much fun to experience and fun to look back on too. I'm just one of those people who loves to look at old pictures and remember times gone by. God really reveals to me how He moved in my life through reminiscing and reminds me that He is still working in my life right this moment. Isn't that just so cool?  I hope you enjoyed going through my summer as much as I did.

That's is where I have been and my next post will be of where I am right now. I can't wait to continue to share what God is teaching me through my little day-to-day adventures.

You are cherished.

Emily

2 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures in life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gen! Miss you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete